Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ryan's Football Game

I was asked to take photos of the CMR vs Flathead high school football game here in Great Falls on the 15th (photos of that game coming soon!).  Knowing that I wouldn't be allowed on the field, I decided to rent a lens I've heard good things about - the Canon 300mm F2.8/L IS - to give me a boost from the stands.  While this lens is certainly an attention grabber, rest assured it does its part to help capture great images.  Even though this was my first time using the hefty lens, and I'm sure there is ample room for improvement with more practice, I was very pleased with the results.

I need to give a shout out to my nephew Ryan, who was thoughtful enough to have a flag football game on the afternoon of the 15th so I could get a few exposures fired off to practice.  So, the shots of Ryan's game were truly my first with the lens.  Again, though, I'm pretty happy with how these turned out.  I just wish it'd been a little warmer.  Those little guys are pretty tough!










No comments:

Post a Comment