Sunday, August 1, 2010

Courtney's Restaurant

Edit:  Check out the first comment below.  Turns out my information about the proprietor (learned from a fellow patron) may not have been too accurate...

While in Lexington Park, Maryland, for a CTA project, the group I was with drove about forty five minutes into the countryside southeast of Lexington Park in search of some local flavor. And that's exactly what we found at Courtney's. Driving more-or-less aimlessly, we happened upon an intersection with two restaurant signs. One of the guys I was with knew someone named Courtney, so we opted to head that direction.
Upon arriving, we immediately decided this would either be one of those hidden local gems or a complete bust. Thankfully it was the former. The proprietor, Tommy (Courtney's husband), was our server, and we learned from him that he goes out onto Chesapeake Bay to fish each morning, and what he catches is on the menu that evening!
I had a local crab-stuffed fish fillet, prepared by his reportedly Filipino chef, and it was outstanding. This from someone who typically would prefer a vegetarian meal to a fish meal. So, if you ever find yourself near Lexington Park, I'd recommend finding Wynne Road and driving to the end of it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey.. I stumbled across your blog and I wanted to comment. Tommy is not Courtney's wife.. (that made me giggle) His name is Tommy Courtney. And the Filipino chef... she's his wife. And as a side note... if you ever come back, they have the best Maryland crab soup in 4 counties. :)

    ReplyDelete