Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sawyer Brown and Rick Springfield!

The Hideout Lounge brought two more bands to our fair city, Great Falls, MT.  I had seen Sawyer Brown in concert a couple of times previously, and they've always put on a terrific show.  Unfortunately I don't typically "hear" much when I'm taking pictures... 



I had a chance to speak briefly with Mark Miller (lead singer of Sawyer Brown) just before they took the stage.  I told him I've seen them before and thought they were awesome, to which he flashed a full-on smile.  Not a "Yup, I've heard that a million times before, and I already knew I was awesome anyhow" type of smile.  This was a genuine, truly-pleased-to-hear-it smile.  Seems like a pretty nice guy.  His goofy little grin speaks to his demeanor as well.
 
 
The second concert was Rick Springfield, who I know was a major hearth-throb back in the 80s.  The only song title of his I could come up with on my own was "Jessie's Girl", but the crowd certainly seemed to know all of his songs.



He seems to have a pretty dramatic bent on stage, which the crowd also loved.  I saw this bundle of roses being carried back stage just before the show, and I was wondering what it was for.  Have to admit that I never would have guessed...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment